It’s Not Personal
Did you know that only slightly more than 1 in 10 people use social media at work for personal reasons? Or, that the Brits are more social at work than Americans?
Size Does Matter
Today’s infographic is a glance at the data from an Appirio survey of 300 employees and managers at both US and UK companies. It reveals that employees and managers both view and use social media at work differently. It also shows that the size of your company shapes where users think social media will have the greatest impact.
- 50% of all adults visit a social networking site at least montlhy
- Social recruiting on LinkedIn makes up 39% of professional use of social networks
- 10% of UK companies are using more than 4 social tools compared to only 5% of US companies
- Small companies see social media primarily as a way to attract more customers. Large companies view social media as a way to engage and serve existing customers.
- 43% of managers and 33% of employees say their company should invest more in social enterprise
- Only 2% of US respondents say their company uses tools to listen on social networks
The State of Social Media at Work
Do you use social media at work as part of your job? If so, do these statistics reflect your company’s view of social media?