It should come as no surprise that moms like brands on social media. In fact, moms as a group are the most likely demographic to connect with brands in the social space. A recent report by Burst Media revealed some interesting statistics about how people interact with brands on social meda. For example:
- 76 % of those surveyed said they visit social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Foursquare.
- Women are more active than men. Almost 1/2 of the women report visiting a social site multiple times a day versus just over 1/3 of men.
- Nearly 1/2 of people follow brands online
- 2/3 said they were influenced by a brand mention from a blogger. That number is higher for 18-34 year olds and moms.
- 1/4 are more likely to follow a brand because of a socially enabled online ad.
- Brands have long known the importance of reaching moms, and it is even more important in todays connected world.
How are you reaching out to and engaging with moms on your brand’s social media presence?